Thursday, June 23, 2016

Holding onto Anger is Like Drinking Poison and Expecting the Other Person to Die.....

Howdy, fellow lovers of music. I have just returned from a little vacation and am now renewed, re-energized (is that a word??), and ready to devote more time to this blog.

If you've been paying attention, (and I'm sure you have), the heading of each post has an inspirational quote for you to think about. Some, more than others, may 'speak' to you, and that's my hope.

So, all that aside...there is another fantastic song that I've selected for you that 'speaks to me'. AND I know when the title is revealed, you are going to be very surprised, as I was. I thought it was just a great song from the early 70's. (Who knew?) This is actually a popular and well-known Christian hymn first published in 1931. It has words by English author Eleanor Farjeon and is set to a traditional Scottish Gaelic tune known as "Bunessan" (it shares this tune with the 19th century Christmas Carol "Child in the Manger"[1]). It is often sung in children's services.

This song was recorded in 1971 by Cat Stevens, who wrongfully is often credited for writing the lyrics. The song was recorded by numerous other artists such as Neil Diamond, Art Garfunkle, and Kenny Rogers to name a few, but none were as successful as Cat Steven's version.

Here is 'Morning Has Broken'.

 (PS I'm learning to play this on my mountain dulcimer. Beautiful tones!) So, sit back and enjoy!


             


Namaste, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment