Sunday, July 24, 2016

Poverty with Dignity is Better than Wealth Based on Shame

Hello, my friends.


I was traveling in my car with my Sirius Radio on (as always....I don't go anywhere without my music) and this tune came on a couple times within a couple days.  I took that as a cosmic sign that this was to be my next selection for you.  :-)   Besides this is ANOTHER great tune that I associate great times and great memories.

So, where were YOU in 1974?

This song is by The Doobie Brothers and was recorded in 1974.  Michael McDonald didn't join the group until 1976 so it's not him that you hear singing the lead vocals.  Who knew?   All this time, I thought it was him.  AND here's another factoid, the title of this song is actually a small town in Texas, population 1,719.

S0, do you know what today's song is?  If you guessed "China Grove', you are correct.

Crank it up so 'You can hear the music at night'.  :-)

(Check out the groovy hair on the guys.  Love it!)

     


Enjoy.

Namaste.

Kimmie 



No comments:

Post a Comment