Saturday, September 3, 2016

There is no path to happiness; Happiness is the path.

Hello, my friends of great music.

I have been listening to some great music since my last post and I keep coming back to this tune.

This song was recorded in 1967 by The Turtles, their most successful year. It reached number 3 on the US charts in late spring and actually out-charted "Happy Together" overseas, reaching #4 in the UK.

The Turtles are an American rock band led by vocalists Howard Kaylan and Mark Volman. The band had several Top 40 hits beginning with their cover version of Bob Dylan's "It Ain't Me Babe" in 1965. They scored their biggest and best-known hit in 1967 with the song "Happy Together".
The band broke up in 1970. Kaylan and Volman later found long-lasting success as session musicians, billed as the comedic vocal duo Flo & Eddie. In 2010, a reconstituted version of the band, the Turtles Featuring Flo & Eddie, began performing live shows again.

The Turtles have created a 'Happy Together' Tour that I had the pleasure of seeing live a few years ago, and I have to say, they sound great!  Everybody was singing and dancing in the aisles.

So, have you figured out today's song?

I present to you, for your listening pleasure, the one, the only Turtles performing 'You Know She'd Rather Be With Me.'

I really wish that today's music was more like these songs.  You can't help but feel good when you hear this!



     

 


 

Until next time, be kind to each other.

Peace.

Kimmie

 


No comments:

Post a Comment