Monday, October 24, 2016

Be Somebody Who Makes Everybody Feel Like A Somebody

Hello, my dear music lovers.

Today's post is going to be short but sweet.

Normally I concentrate on rock, folk, soft rock genres of music from the late 50's, 60's, and 70's.  But today I want to travel to 1977 and share one of my all time favorite songs.  I guess it resonates with my Appalachian roots, well, kind of, one generation removed.  But I still have many, many fond memories of my great-grandma and her kin up on the mountains.  These boys are from Spartanburg, SC.

This song was recorded in 1977 and is considered Southern Rock.  Give it a listen and see if it brings back lots of fond memories around the campfire.  That's where I am taken.  The flute playing on this stands unchallenged, in my opinion, as some of the sweetest sounds you'll ever hear.

And with that, I lovingly share with you, "Heard It in a Love Song" by the Marshall Tucker Band. Sing the chorus if you don't know the rest of the lyrics.  Enjoy!





Speaking of Appalachian roots, below is a photo of a woman playing her mountain dulcimer.  You may be surprised to know that Cyndi Lauper plays a dulcimer.  (Psssst...I have a dulcimer, too, that I have been teaching myself to play.  Shhhh..it's my little secret. )




And on that note,

Be kind to each other.  Peace and love.

Kimmie




No comments:

Post a Comment