Sunday, November 6, 2016

Breathe In Peace, Breathe Out Love

The presidential election is just around the corner.....I'm sitting here listening to some really fine music ..... makes all the craziness seem a lot more tolerable.  But then good music usually does that to me.

I guess I'm on a southern rock kick here for the last few weeks.  As you know, I love pretty much all music EXCEPT for hip-hop.  (Sorry, folks, but if you ain't singing  the lyrics, it just ain't music!)

I heard this song the other day and think it's one that I need to share with you all.

This was recorded in 1973 by The Allman Brothers and peaked at number 2 on the charts that year.  Did you know that Greg Allman (the founder of the group) married Cher in 1975?  Just a little trivia.....   The song had originally been recorded by Hank Williams in the 1950's and it was WAYYY more country sounding than this version.  The band was a little reluctant to record it because they really weren't into all that twangy stuff. They decided if they were going to make it, they were going to do the best job they could.  And they sure enough did.

Here's Ramblin' Man for your listening pleasure:





So, my music friends, until next time, be kind to each.

Peace and love.

Kimmie


No comments:

Post a Comment