Tuesday, November 29, 2016

You are confined only by the walls you build yourself....

Hello again, friends. Hope you all had a truly blessed Thanksgiving. I know I did, so many things to be thankful for. One of the things that I am thankful is the wonderful musical artists who bless us all with their talent. As you know, I wouldn't be writing this blog if music wasn't an important part of me and my life. I don't remember a time when I wasn't singing (albeit off key) or listening to music. AND my taste runs the gamut...from the 60's anthems to the 90's, from bubblegum (I know, I'm hanging my head in shame as I write this), the dance music of the 80's and even some country thrown in there for good measure.

I'm finding that I am being drawn to country music these days. Now, now, don't panic!  I'm not talking about the old Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline stuff. I enjoy country music from the 80's and 90's as long as they aren't singing about their dog running away, getting drunk, and momma's cookin'.  I guess I'm a music snob that way but you like what you like.

One of my favorite country singers of ALL time is Dwight Yoakum. His music really is different from what most would consider 'country'. His lyrics just draw you in and you listen to every word. I forget where I am or what I am doing. His songs have an awesome melody and powerful words. In his concerts, there is very little talking, just melding one song into another.

Today's offering is a song written and recorded by Dwight Yoakum and is included on his "If There Was a Way' album. This song peaked at #5 on the Country Billboard but many of his fans feel 'he wuz robbed'.  LOL.  All that being said, here is 'You're The One'.  Give it a listen and I think you'll enjoy it as much as I do.


                       

So until next time, be kind to each other.

Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment