Friday, November 18, 2016

It is not happy people who are thankful...it's thankful people who are happy

Happy Thanksgiving, friends.

This has been a kind of chaotic few weeks for me and the Thanksgiving holiday is closing in upon us; yet,  I still wanted to be sure to post one of my favorite songs by Dwight Yoakum.  This song wasn't published until 1990, a little later than most of the songs that are on my 'short list' of favorites.

I saw him in concert in 1990 and that little move he does with his leg in this video? Well, that has become his trademark move.  You should  try it sometime in skinny leg jeans - it's not as easy as he makes it look.  :-)  Also, around the 1:15 to 1:25 mark in the video, you will hear the reason this is at the top of my favorite song list.  There is also some phenomenal guitar playing by Pete Anderson who partnered with Yoakum from 1984-2002, a partnership that resulted in numerous platinum records, sold-out tours, and some darn fine music.


Here's 'I'm a Thousand Miles from Nowhere' for your listening pleasure.





Wishing you and yours a truly blessed Thanksgiving.

Namaste.

Kimmie



Make space to listen to your wise heart.  What you seek lies within.

No comments:

Post a Comment