Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Inspiration is Everywhere; Everywhere is Inspiration

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOB DYLAN!

Ok, I'm a day late.  Mr. Dylan celebrated his 75th birthday yesterday.  So it seemed that today's post should be a tribute.  I have selected his best-selling recording - 'Like a Rolling Stone'.  Personally, there are a few others that I like better, but the numbers are what the numbers, right?

'Like a Rolling Stone' was written and recorded by Dylan 1965. Radio stations were reluctant to play it because of its 6:13 minutes length but it did make it to number 2 in the charts and became a world wide hit..

These are Dylan's comments regarding the song:

"Last spring, I guess I was going to quit singing. I was very drained, and the way things were going, it was a very draggy situation ... But 'Like a Rolling Stone' changed it all. I mean it was something that I myself could dig. It's very tiring having other people tell you how much they dig you if you yourself don't dig you."


        

Reading the refrain below, I think I may have to change my mind about liking a few other of his songs better.  (Women are allowed to change their minds, right?)

How does it feel
How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone

Hope you enjoy!
Namaste.

Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment