Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Live in Joy

Peace to you all this beautiful day.

Today, I have selected a song by a  man whom I consider to be one of the all time greatest performers of my generation, Cat Stevens.  I know, I know, I have chosen something by him already and there are SO MANY other great performers out there.  All that is very true.  But, this morning, this song called out to me - 'Pick me, pick me'!  How could I say no?

Stevens developed a relationship with actress Patti D'Arbanville and the two were a pair throughout a period of two years or so. She left for periods of time to pursue her modeling career in Paris and New York.  During that time, he wrote several songs about her, including this song. The song has struck many critics as being protective and caring; the artist's expression of love includes words like "I wouldn't want to see you sad girl, don't be a bad girl".

The song is in the form of the singer's words to his departing lover, inspired by the end of their romance. Stevens later recalled to Mojo: "It was one of those chord sequences that's very common in Spanish music. I turned it around and came up with that theme--which is a recurring theme in my work--which is to do with leaving, the sadness of leaving, and the anticipation of what lies beyond." 

Oh, and here's a little trivia. In 1982,  Patti D'Arbanville had a relationship with Don Johnson of Miami Vice fame and had a child together.  Who knew?

The song was written, recorded and released in 1970.   Ok, figured it out yet?    

It is none other than 'Wild World'.   Now I KNOW you all remember these lyrics.  So, you know what to do! ♬♬♬♬ 

What great memories this brings back.



Enjoy.

Kimmie


No comments:

Post a Comment